TODAY

Monday, October 02, 2006

Candy Corn...

I remember how much I wanted to be a grandmother when I was a kid and the very moment it began.

We sat down to eat lunch one day, and my grandmother did not have a plate set out. We asked if she was eating, to which she replied, "I'm not really hungry... and you'll have to do something different for dessert. I ate the entire cake batter." THE ENTIRE CAKE BATTER?! She didn't just have dibs on the spoon or the bowl, folks. She ate the WHOLE THING.

This was the moment I wanted to become a grandmother- so that I, too, could enjoy cake batter. It seems I've inherited a bit of her sweet tooth, and perhaps it's a good thing candy corn only comes to the grocery stores once a year.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home