TODAY

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Who knew?

Who knew taking blood pressure could be so cool? We're studying the heart and circulatory system right now, and today I learned how to take blood pressure. It was rockin' awesome. My friend Lex and I were partners, and after securing the cuff on his arm, I put on the stethoscope and using the equipment I got a reading... it was so cool. He's in good shape by the way... almost perfect blood pressure...

I also volunteered for the EKG experiment and messed up all the "typical results." She hooked me up to all these cords and the experiment began... We discovered I have a pretty normal heart rate, and after running in place for a while I still had the same heart rate after one minute (it's supposed to increase... I guess they should try it after center floor combinations at ballet... that would definitely have an increase) and holding my breath was also supposed to increase to help with oxygen transport but mine went way down (I guess I entered meditative phase rather than panic phase or something). So this Valentine's Day, a little shout out to all the cardio care folks who help us take care of our hearts.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:49 AM , Blogger Sarah P said...

    They shouldn't have picked such a fine specimen of athletic ability like yourself for those tests.
    Are you going to be in A-town this weekend?

     
  • At 9:12 AM , Blogger FeedingYourMind said...

    I'll answer your question, Mrs. P...

    No she will not...she has a dance recital this weekend in the 'plex! ;)

     
  • At 9:17 AM , Blogger Jackie Beth said...

    kim, did they vote you "most likely to stay in touch" in high school? you are a networking queen :)...

     
  • At 9:27 AM , Blogger Katey said...

    JB- I miss you, and as soon as I get rid of this nasty sinus infection I will return to Katey and the J's pronto. Good luck this weekend- we'll miss you!

     
  • At 10:40 AM , Blogger FeedingYourMind said...

    No...i got "Biggest Internet Junkie!" ;) THAT is how I stay in touch! ;)

    Best wishes for this weekend, girl! No broken arms!!!!

     
  • At 1:29 AM , Blogger Candy said...

    amazing. i love you jackie beth.

     
  • At 3:20 AM , Blogger Chelsie Sargent said...

    I have loved the phone messages the past two days:)! Can I count on those everyday?!?!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home