TODAY

Thursday, February 02, 2006

I forgot

I forgot how hungry rehearsals can make you... Today for breakfast (using the eat-when-you're-hungry principle) I ate a huge cinnamon roll, then a bowl of cheerios, then when I got online with my sister I realized I was still hungry and made myself eggs, bacon, and a bagel... Times like these remind me of eating lunch at my grandmother's house when at the end of the meal she would turn to me and my dad to say, "There's not really enough for leftovers; do you want to go ahead and finish it off?" My grandmother is among the greatest of all grandmothers in the cooking realm, and so we would finish off the tasty morsels and then usually go take a nap to sleep off the good eats. I made the eggs "grandmother-style" this morning, and they were rockin'. No leftovers today.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM , Blogger ewall said...

    bean things for life, friend. bean things for life. love you--

     
  • At 10:59 AM , Blogger JENNY said...

    Yum! You're making me hungry, grandmother. And, by the way, you are the best grandmother I have.

    Thanks for your prayers! Love you!!

     
  • At 3:39 AM , Blogger Candy said...

    Max wishes he'd been there!!!

     
  • At 2:18 AM , Blogger Daughter of the King said...

    Mom, that first question you asked was what I was going to ask! Haha, we must be related...

     
  • At 3:06 AM , Blogger Candy said...

    trust me - that is NOT true. Wonder what happened there. Must be a glitch in the program. It sure is fun talking to you Shilcutt women this way though!

     
  • At 7:18 AM , Blogger Sarah P said...

    I ate raisins the other day and thought of you - how you would come in the apartment and lean on the counter (still in your dance leotard) and eat raisins before you even took off your backpack. You hungry (and yet buff and skinny) girl.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home